Hair Tips & Advice By Kelly Simpkin
5 essential tips for a rash free shave.
Kelly Simpkin, head of Gentlemen’s grooming at Nicky Clarke Mayfair, 5 essential tips for a rash free shave.
- Before you shave, cleanse your skin with a gentle facial wash and warm water to remove daily dirt. The warm water will open the pores allowing them to be detoxified. Try to avoid soap as this may dry your skin out.
- Shave after you have showered. Just a couple of minutes of steam and warm water will open the pores and allow the hairs to expand and become softer ensuring the closest shave without irritation.
- Exfoliate the skin, gently, once a week. Dead skin cells will be removed leaving soft, fresh skin. Exfoliate before you shave, i.e. in the shower.
- Change your blade regularly to prevent bacteria build up. This will minimise any type of pimple/rash. If you feel your blade pulling- time to change! Gentlemen with heavy growth- this may mean each time you shave as the courser bristles will blunt the blade much quicker.
- Follow your shave with a post shave balm. Skin will be soothed and any razor burn calmed. The balm will moisturise and care for the skin allowing it to repair itself after the shave.