One of my favourite model’s right now is Natasha Poly, her hair is very wearable, sexy and attainable but also very very chic. This look, seen here at Chopard and the L’Oreal party in Cannes, captured all of those things I love about her.
This hairstyle has popped up for the last 3 seasons since it appeared on the runway for Alexander Wang and it won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
What makes this hairstyle so wearable are the tendrils loosely pulled out around the face and at the perimeter leaving it looking sex and chic. The texture is key created by using a Sea Salt Spray. Darker roots leave the hair looking somewhat more edgy and particularly on trend at this moment in fashion. The focal point is the side fishtail plait that has been tightly plaited together; you can be diverse here and pull it apart or simply do a 3 way plait.
This hairstyle can be done on either dirty hair, as long as you use a dry shampoo to matt the texture out, after being on the beach or on freshly washed hair
- Wash the hair with Nicky Clarke Moisture Shampoo, this will give the hair some shine and leave it softer, ideal as we will be matting the texture out so it will offer some initial protection
- Condition with Nicky Clarke Volume Conditioner. Use a little bit to close the cuticle and encourage natural volume.
- Towel dry hair
- Apply Sea Salt Spray to the hair when it’s damp, go through section by section ensuring you apply from roots to mid lengths.
- Organically create a deep diagonal side parting with your fingers, the more irregular the better
- Blast moisture out of the hair until it’s about 70% dry
- You are now going to let the hair air dry and work with its natural movement
- Shape is still needed so tuck the sides behind the ears to get that little bit of movement and wrap the sides and back into a ponytail. Wrap the ponytail around itself, twist and add some Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer, this will absorb into the hair offering some sporadic shine whilst protecting against too much frizz that can happen by using the sea salt spray
- Once the hair has dried off, leave for 15 to 20 minutes depending on hair density, pull the hair into a side ponytail behind the opposite ear to where the parting is and begin the fishtail plait
- To achieve the fishtail plait -- split the hair into two sections and take the outer edge of each section pulling it over the hair and into the inside of the opposite section. So it goes outside to inside left then outside to inside right
- Once you’re at the ends tie with an elastic snag band and back comb the ends
- Finish with a misting of sea salt spray and a little Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray, pulling random pieces out for your own detailing
See how to create a fishtail plait below
- Salon Bookings: 0844 884 2444
- Agency contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR contact: email@example.com
Warren's impeccable attention to detail and creative vision have made him one of the most in-demand hair stylists. Warren divides his time between the Photographic Studio and Salon, currently working out of the Nicky Clarke salon in Mayfair, London, on Saturdays and selected weekdays and also at the Nicky Clarke Birmingham salon on selected Fridays (please call your preferred salon for more details on Warren's availability).