“Kristen Stewart is one of the new gang of Hollywood girls who are really expressing themselves by pushing the boundaries of hair, make-up and clothes. She’s not afraid to try something different or daring.
What makes Kristen’s styles ever more charming is that she can also do the exact opposite! She can often be seen looking just as stylish with a simplistic and casual dressed down look. This is what makes Kristen Stewart so fascinating – you just never know what she’s going to do next!
Everyone waited in anticipation and was so intrigued to see what she would do at the 2010 Academy Awards; and its fair to say she absolutely nailed it! She certainly brought an air of elegance and sophistication, which can be difficult for a young face to pull off.
Her 2010 Academy Awards look was certainly modern and edgy, mixed with a stylish young Hollywood vibe.”
- Start by applying Nicky Clarke Great Body Ultimate Mousse throughout the hair. Then comb it through evenly using a wide tooth comb.
- Using a large round brush, blow dry the hair so its nice and smooth (not poker straight).
- NOTE: When the hair line is exposed as it is with Kristen, spend time smoothing the hairline out. Its best to use a bristle brush or comb and blow dry away from the face. This will take away any loose fly-away hair.
- Use a one inch curling tongue on random areas of the head to create plenty of waves and texture throughout the hair. When tonging, make sure you tong from the mid lengths to ends.
- Gently tease the roots through the top of the head.
- Tie a number of loose braids on each side of the head. To do this, you must begin half way down the strands of hair and leave them untied at the ends. This will create extra dimension to the look.
- Finger comb the top of your head so it’s looser and creates more body.
- Then pull your hair back into a low chignon.
- Secure the chignon with bobby pins.
- Play around with the braids so they are visible. Then secure with bobby pins.
- Use your fingers to create extra detail at the front of the head. Don’t forget, this is the area which people see the most so take extra care to ensure this is looking its best. You can pull a few strands out which will give the style a slightly edgier vibe.
- Finish with Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray for an ‘all night’ hold.