Wedding season is almost upon on so we spoke with our own wedding expert and Senior Director, Lee Radley, who shares his inside tips below.
1. Consult with your hairdresser and discuss things such as conditioning, colour and trimming as well as the look you want to achieve on your big day. Highlights and permanent colours should see your hair looking glossy and beautiful, and this should be done at least two weeks before in case it needs more or less, doing it the day before the wedding could leave it not looking as good as you hoped it was going to be.
2. If you can give your hair a rest from over processing DO, colour glazes or semi permanents / vegetable colours can be a good in between colour treat for your hair that is less damaging.
3. Give your hair a rest from heat abuse from tongs, straighteners etc too. Most salons offer deep conditioning treatments, ours at Nicky Clarke start at £22.50, but we also offer our salon strength treatments to buy to apply at home. If you’re using one of these try putting a mask on overnight, or if you are worried about making the pillow wet or sticky, chose a day where you are staying in, position your hair on top of your head as the heat from your scalp will make the treatment super effective and pop on a shower cap to keep in the heat.
4. It’s a myth that letting your hair dry naturally is good for it, it’s not, as the cuticles are up and this makes the hair dry out more easily and keeps the follicles open to the elements and pollution.
5. Sea kelp and vitamin b is proven to be good for your hair, skin and nails, these can be found in most health stores and chemists, they do help. Also consider a Brazilian blowdry to help tame those wild and rebellious stubborn hairs, it will enrich your hair with keratin and help it stay super glossy and strong.
It really is all about working with a hairdresser you can trust to get you and your hair looking its absolute best ever! Condition is the key, and get ready to make people gasp WOW!