“Sandra Bullock’s look seen here at the Oscars 2010 has received a great response. This look is a modern, straighter version of an Old Hollywood – Veronica Lake – look with really great movement at the bottom that was a big look at the 82nd Academy Awards. But unlike other Actresses dropping this look it had it’s own individual twist. The dress by Marchesa has a beautiful sparkle and refection; this is the reason why the hair needs to look sleek and shiny, an almost mirror finish to the hair.”
- Wash the hair thoroughly through and condition using Nicky Clarke Moisture Shampoo and Moisture Conditioner.
- Comb through and leave the conditioner on for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Before any drying commences create the side part
- NOTE: use the arch of the eye brow as a guide where to start.
- The parting is not straight; it’s very deep to the crown in a slight curved angle. This makes the hair visually more balanced from the crown area.
- Apply Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer to the wet hair and begin drying until 90% dry.
- Don’t toss your head upside down, do it in a controlled manner to keep the parting in place and avoid any frizz made by rough drying.
- Use a large round brush and blow dry the hair in a downwards direction and completely straight; making sure the roots are flat.
- Take two inch sections of hair starting from the front hair line and working backwards.
- Using a Nicky Clarke Desired Professional Straightener, straighten the hair from the roots to ends.
- Straighten in one single motion in order to close the hair cuticle and create sleek hair. That’s the secret to creating that mirrored effect.
- Put the end of the hair into a one inch curling iron and twist them up a few inches to where you want the movement to begin.
- Pin up the curl and let it cool
- Leave for 10 minutes then brush out creating a 1920’s wave.
- Pull one side behind the shoulder where the parting is and the other side over the shoulder.
- Brush the side over the shoulder into place.
Says Warren Holmes, International Creative Director at Nicky Clarke