“Penelope Cruz is gorgeous but even she can occasionally get it wrong with her hair. Her look and style in the film Vicky Christina Barcelona was simply stunning.
Here she is sporting an easy elegant bun at the Oscars 2010. This works for her. The look is all about the dress, so she hasn’t taken the emphasis away from that by going all out with the hair and make-up which would make the look seem ‘too busy’.
Penelope can carry an updo as good as anybody. She has the most prettiest face, complemented by her seductive eyes and delicate chin.
All of the elements are already there: a beautiful movie star to a beautiful dress. Less is more in this case….keep the hair simple and chic.”
- When wearing your hair up, creating a base is important so the hair has movement and texture. To get this look, make sure the texture is dry looking and almost product free.
- When your hair is wet, comb through Nicky Clarke Great Body Ultimate Mousse evenly with a wide tooth comb.
- Blow dry your hair with a round brush so it is dry but don’t worry about making it too perfect.
- Brush the hair through well, moving the hair away from the face.
- Take large sections and mist Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray over each individual section. Then use a medium curling iron and curl the hair in each large section.
- TIP: Ensure to curl away from the face by feeding the hair through the curling iron and turning your wrist. The hair will then wrap underneath towards your hand. Keep the direction going and gently release the guard until you get to the ends.
- Brush the curl through and wrap around two fingers.
- Pin the curls up to give body and then secure.
- Leave in until the whole head has been completed and then brush the curls out with a bristle brush.
- Then, using your fingers as a brush, pull the hair back to a pony tail at the back of head to one inch above the occipital bone (at the back of the head).
- Tie the pony tale into a knot and separate the knot to balance the head
- Using pins, pin into place around the edge.
- Lastly, pull out small tendrils around the face and neck to soften the look