“Natalie Portman – seen here at the Cartier Sponsored Palm Springs Film Festival 2011 – wears a really simple looped ponytail at the nape of her neck. Really easy for you to do, this is definitely something to do at home. She wears a high cut dress with detail on the collar so the designer would have stipulated she wears her hair off the collar. This hair style suits her look. It’s understated, girly, simple and elegant; all the elements Natalie Portman portrays.”
- With the hair freshly washed, apply a small amount of smoothening cream to the lengths and end’s.
- Begin power drying the hair on a medium heat setting in a downwards direction. It’s important to not create volume.
- Because the hair is being worn up, it’s vital to ‘clean’ the hairline. Run the brush in the opposite direction to the hair growth, following with the dryer to straighten out.
- If it is still not smooth, pick up a small round brush, take a section and dry backwards focusing on the roots.
- Using a large flat brush, dry the hair flat and straight, slightly turning the ends under.
- Create a diagonal parting just above the recession area.
- The parting needs to finish halfway between the crown and hairline.
- Using a comb, comb the hair how you want it to look; making sure all the grain is moving in the same direction.
- Apply a fixing gel liberally through the hair. Use more around the ears to avoid any little fly-aways.
- Using a Mason Pearson Bristle brush comb all the hair to the nape of the neck.
- Tie the hair into a ponytail and wrap around a HAIRBAND tightly.
- On the last tie of the band only pull the hair through half the way.
- You will then have the loop but the ends will be loose and sticking out, use these ends to wrap around the band.
- With the band covered, secure the ends with a grip.
- Using your comb, check all the hair is smoothened out.
- Finish with Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray.