Lady GaGa has been a force at this season’s Fashion weeks, consistently a face at both NY FW and London FW where of course she opened what was possibly the most extravagant of London’s shows, Philip Treacy.
Here Lady Gaga sports a distressed top knot and pixie fringe, almost a slight nod to Audrey Hepburn with a kooky twist.
- You need to build up a distressed texture. Mousse, Sea Salt Sprays and even Dry Shampoos are really good to create a matte texture in hair
- Comb Nicky Clarke Great Body Ultimate Mousse throughout the hair for even distribution
- Blast the moisture out of the hair allowing the mousse to dry in
- Once hair is dried and prepared with product you need to do what I call ‘clamping’ to get lots of volume and texture in the hair to bulk it up. You can almost double the hair’s density by doing this technique
- Take sections in 3 inch depth, lift away from the head and spray with Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray. Do 3 sections then re-visit the first section you did and run the straighteners from roots to ends. You will notice the hair goes very stiff and hard.
- Once you have the section in its hair-sprayed stiff state then proceed to brush through from roots to ends with a bristle brush.
- Continue this technique throughout the hair
- Once brushed through you will now see the hair has almost doubled in volume. Don’t panic.
- You now need to brush the hair into a tight high ponytail that sits on the top of the head.
- Using a bristle brush tightly pull the hair into a pony and secure with either a bungee cord or piece of cord that is tied. Don’t use a hairband as it’s not strong enough to wrap around the ponytail.
- With the hair now secured into the pony tail, go through in sections and gently backcomb from the mid-lengths to roots.
- You now need a Large Doughnut that will be your base; you can get these from any beauty retail store, Boots, Superdrug etc.
- Pull the whole of the ponytail through the doughnut
- Using Kirby grips go into the doughnut then out then into the head not the ponytail. This will secure the Doughnut to the head
- Place your thumb into the centre of the doughnut and drop the hair to the right where there is a gap between your thumb and palm of your hand
- Swirl the hair in one motion around the doughnut
- Use pins to secure the hair to the base of the doughnut
- Use your mirrors and visually play about with the shape
- Now add your clip in fringe, clip into the seem of the top knot then into head so it is secure, have fun with your fringe, cutting it into different styles, begin with it longer then make it shorter creating a more ‘Pixie’ illusion
- Finish with Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray and lots of it!!!