‘’Kristen Stewart went for a change of colour for the New York City premiere of her new movie The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. We have seen at the Oscars she can do formal and glamorous but she definitely looks more comfortable when her hair is more ‘Messy Chic’ and undone. Kristen’s whole look is relaxed, she’s a young girl and shouting about it in her appearance; clothes, hair and make-up.
Here Kristen has gone for a romantic head braid but kept it really soft and organic by pulling out tendrils around the perimeter’’
- Apply Nicky Clarke Great Body Ultimate Mousse to the roots using a wide tooth comb.
- Apply a little amount of Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer to the lengths and ends.
- Begin drying the hair on medium heat and speed (so hair doesn’t go frizzy and fly-away) with you’re hands.
- NOTE: Your hands are often your best styling tool. You can mould the hair in any shape and form….be creative with them!
- Using your fingers, twist the hair in circular motions around the head to create a loose curl. Blast with cold air to allow them to set.
- When twisting hair, be really organic and random with your sections to make hair more natural: curls are supposed to look natural.
- When your hair is dry, apply a small amount of Nicky Clarke Soft Wax to add texture. This product is key for this look. It will give the hair – when braiding – more stability and movement without any frizzing.
- With your fingers, take an informal side parting.
- Where you place it is completely up to you, be individual. Kristen has used the centre of her eye brow as a guide.
- Take a triangle section to begin the braid and do a French plait technique, taking another piece of hair as you move down the head to add to the piece of hair you’re placing in the middle.
- Continue the braid to the back of the head.
- Braid the ends and secure with a snag band.
- Take the hair at the crown and on the opposite side of the parting and pull into a loose pony tail
- Make into a bun
- Tie the hair into a loose knot and wrap around the bun
- Pull out pieces to soften the look around the face.
- Spray Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray to secure the look