Gwen Stefani is renowned for being a little off the cuff with her hair, I’m very fond of her spontaneity and creativity, nothing is ever unrealistic and she carries any look very well.
This particular look Gwen is sporting is actually really easy and quick to do, the quality is in the makeup and the personalisation of the finish. Note the hairline, the separation, the softness it brings to the overall feeling of the hair style. The roll is the focal point and with enough substance, achieved by product, it can be sculpted into place with great ease
- Wash hair using Nicky Clarke Volume Shampoo and condition using Nicky Clarke Volume Conditioner to thicken hair prior to prepping
- Power dry the hair to remove water and work though Nicky Clarke Hair Raising spray from roots to mid lengths working from the nape of the neck to the hairline
- Use a vent brush to dry the product into the hair encouraging natural volume, do this at the roots and mid length by directing the brush away from the head without a Nozel on your dryer
- Go over the hairline, straightening all baby hairs and brushing into the rest of the style, this will add quality to the hairstyle and is essential when doing any hair up but should be done on all hairstyles
- When the hair is dry, go through with a paddle brush from mid lengths to ends of the hair and smoothen out by running over no more than twice, you still want to keep volume in the hair but smoothen out
- Brush the one side over and blow dry into place by misting Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray on the hair and dry in, this will add a little extra hold
- With the hair brushed over, hold in place on top of the head and secure into a ponytail using a bungee cord.
- Gently tease the interior of the ponytail
- NOTE the longer or thicker your hair the bigger the roll will be
- To achieve the roll, place your thumb onto the band and wrap anti-clockwise, each time you do a full circle mist Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray to secure and repeat.
- As you are wrapping around grip into place using Hair grips around the perimeter
- Your last section needs to cover the whole roll, this will cover the band and droop over the hairline, so leave this section a little longer
- To finish, spray in with Nicky Clarke Hold and Shine Ultimate Hairspray and pull pieces out around the hairline and in front of the ear.