With a career spanning over 30 years, Nicky Clarke London stylist Lee Radley sure knows a thing or two about styling hair for pop icons, celebrities and royalty.
Lee has styled for the Grammys, BAFTAs and of course the Oscars, working with the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Dannii Minogue, Jessica Biel, the Royal Family and countless others.
The 2015 Oscars have now been and gone but some of the absolutely fabulous hairstyles are sure to stick around.
Lee Radley explains how to achieve some of the most iconic red carpet looks of the night in a few simple steps!
- Wash the hair first and then use some Nicky Clarke mousse all over the hair, a generous handful is enough, before drying the hair smoothly
- Taking inch wide sections on a medium size tong/wand start winding the section of hair towards your face, the next section next to it away from the face, then towards and so on until this is all over the head, towards then away, the hair should be covered in loose curls
- Take a paddle brush and brush this out, keeping it fairly flat to the head, you will start to see the waves start to form as you do this
- Add a drop of Nicky Clarke Argan oil just lightly over the hair and fix one side behind the ear and fold and grip the hair into a short bob shape around the back, keeping it flat to the nape of the neck and working towards letting it be undone on the other side of the head
- Hold in place with hairspray
Firstly blow dry your hair using Nicky Clarke Hair Raising spray at the roots and place large Velcro rollers in the hair working from the side parting towards the nape of the head, this will help give the hair some pliability
- Once rollers are all taken out and you have a nice blow dry with some body and slight wave, brush hair into a low side sweep on the parting and then brush the hair into a low nape ponytail, making sure that the hair at the front is swept asymmetrically across the forehead
- Tie the ponytail using a bungee chord or a cover band, then with a little teasing, shape the ends into tight round knot, using hair spray to help form and mould it. This is then gripped into place with grips and fine hairpins
- On freshly washed hair, apply Nicky Clarke mousse all over towel dried hair, then rough dry until 90% dry before smoothing out the hair with a bristle or paddle brush
- Then using either very large tongs, wrap the mid lengths of the hair around the tongs to put a very loose wave into it, do this all over but keep the top area smooth and with slight body in the hair
- Lengths at the front are then tucked behind the ears for this understated but classic look
- Firstly on freshly washed hair apply some Nicky Clarke mousse then blast dry
- Using large heated rollers, roll all of your hair up and allow them to cool before taking them out
- Using a bungee chord, brush all of the hair up into a high ponytail, keep it tight to the head and work the hair up to the crown, before using the bungee chord or covered band to fix it into place
- Brush the hair using a couple of drops of Nicky Clarke Argan oil to gloss the lengths and fix into a long waved ponytail