Q. Is there are general rule of thumb to wearing your hair up or down?
A. Not always. However there are some rules I stick to.
- Hair ups work well when the details of your outfit are on the upper section of your body.
- Keep your hair off your face. Otherwise, your hair will compete with your look.
- Wear it up if you have an interesting neckline or earrings to flaunt.
- The second day is the day to play with it. Once it’s a bit more lived in, it will be much easier to put up.
- Wearing hear down is great for when you want to flaunt your hair color – or when your hair us freshly dyed.
- If you have gorgeous red hair, show it off. Look at Julianne Moore!
- Heavily pigmented hair – think newly tinted reds, browns and blacks, which are at their heaviest saturation points. On the contrary, these colours can look quite severe when worn up.